There is also the option of generating a link on the home screen for mobile devices.
How to bookmark the home screen on an iPhone:
- Open the Safari browser.
- Call up the desired web page.
- Press the share button, the small square with the arrow pointing up.
- Expand the menu. Here you will find the option To Home Screen.
- Choose a suitable title.
- Choose a free position on the Home screen.
How to bookmark the home screen on an Android phone:
- Open a browser app like Google Chrome.
- Go to the web page you want to bookmark.
- Tap on the three dots on the top right.
- Select the option Add to home screen.
- Optionally, you can also display the desktop version of the website first.
- Enter a meaningful title so that you can easily identify the icon on the home screen in the future.
- The icon is automatically set by the website owner.
- Tap Add to automatically place the website icon in a free space on the Home screen or hold your finger on the icon to choose a position yourself.
- Done, the website shortcut is now placed on the Home screen just like your installed apps.